All units processing electronic payments are responsible for completing specific merchant requirements. All electronic payment processing units must:
- Receive approval for processing from the eCommerce Office (eCO) and have a merchant account or approved alternate process.
- Receive approval from the eCO and ITS before entering into contracts or purchases (equipment and software) related to card processing.
- Take credit card information on an approved secure web site, or through an approved 3rd party processor, if processing credit card transactions online.
- Comply with the PCI DSS and validate compliance to that standard.
- Meet the University requirement for payment card processing. Please reference the following resources: