Authorized travelers can seek reimbursement for mileage and paking using either the Request for Travel Reimbursement Form or the Request for Mileage and Parking Reimbursement Form. The nature of the travel determines which form to use.This applies if the traveler is a:
- Current UNC Charlotte employee
- Non-employee (with a valid business purpose)
- The trip takes the traveler 35 miles or more from the University duty station; and
- Involves an overnight stay.
Rationale and other considerations:
If you are using your personal vehicle on approved, official University business, you can be reimbursed for your mileage. Mileage will be reimbursed from the closer of home or duty station.
Mileage is allowed for the trip to and from Charlotte-Douglas International Airport, when you are planning to park your car for the duration of travel, or when a private party is dropping you off at the airport. Please note that mileage from the University is limited to 15 miles each way.
For mileage reimbursement, you should include printed directions that show total miles incurred outside the Charlotte-metro area. You may use an online mapping service for this documentation (e.g., Google Maps, Mapquest). If your actual mileage exceeds direct round trip miles, please provide an explanation. Travelers are encouraged to request motor fleet vehicles for University travel, subject to availability.
How to do it:
- Review the policies and procedures listed below.
- Complete the appropriate form:
- Request for Travel Reimbursement Form (tab 2 in link provided below), or
- Mileage and Parking Reimbursement Form (link provided below).
- Attach required documentation. Documentation depends on the type of reimbursement request:
- Parking receipts
- Travel Authorization
- Obtain required signatures from traveler and approver.
- Submit to Travel & Complex Payments.
Contact for additional questions: