When traveling on University business, a rental vehicle is one mode of ground transportation that can be utilized and below are the two options for reserving a rental vehicle for University business via 49er Mart. Please note that a signed Travel Authorization should be on file before processing a requisition for travel expenses.
Direct Billing - Enterprise
With this option, the university is billed for the rental and the Travel Accounts Payable Office handles payment.
Purchasing Card or Employee Pay – Enterprise and National Car Rental
With this option, the employee will pay for the rental vehicle with a purchasing card (cardholder must present the card when picking up a vehicle) or personally and then seek reimbursement.
To access the Enterprise website for either of these options follow this step by step guidance:
- Log into 49er Mart at https://49ermart.uncc.edu/.
- Enter “Enterprise” in the Shop search box and click the Go button.
- Enterprise Vehicle Rental will be displayed. Select the “More Info” button to view the ordering instructions.
- Review the ordering instructions and then click on one of the blue “Enterprise” links to access the booking website.
As of March 9, 2015, a requisition must be created before placing a Direct Billing order with Enterprise Rent-A-Car. The order will still be completed on the Enterprise website but will use the P# as a reference instead of a T#. Below is step by step instructions on how to fill out the Direct Billing process via 49er Mart.
- Visit Enterprise Rent-A-Car via 49er Mart and get an estimate for the vehicle rental.
- Complete a Travel Authorization form.
- Create a non-catalog requisition in 49er Mart and attached a signed PDF of the Travel Authorization form, as an internal attachment, to the order.
- Once a PO is created, make note of the PO number (i.e., P1234567).
- Visit Enterprise Rent-A-Car via 49er Mart and read the ordering instructions. Select the Direct Bill option and create the order using the PO number noted in step 4.
Note: Enterprise Rent-A-Car will send the invoice directly to Accounts Payable for payment.
|Policies||Procedures||Forms / Links||Training and Reference Materials|
||49er Mart Requester - Step-by-Step Guide
49er Mart Approver - Step-by-Step Guide
Materials Management Purchasing Manual
Contact for additional questions: