Rationale and other considerations:
Orders are processed online through a web browser depending on the type of supplier used. To begin, choose a supplier and proceed with selecting items and placing them in your virtual shopping cart. When you have finished shopping, your cart proceeds to the checkout and a requisition draft is created. At this point, enter the appropriate accounting codes (e.g.--fund, account) to be used by your department for the order.
Placing the order prompts the workflow process to begin. Approvers are notified via email that an order is pending (the level of approvals depends upon the dollar amount and the type of purchase). The final approval generates a purchase order (PO).
To receive the order, you must login to 49er Mart. Receiving initiates payment to the vendor.
Note: When purchasing used equipment, please refer to the Materials Management Purchasing Manual (link below) for additional guidance.
How to do it:
- Login to 49er Mart.
- Click on the logo of the supplier (e.g.--Staples).
- If the vendor is a punch-out supplier, you will be directed to the vendor's site to shop for your item(s).
- Add the desired item(s) to your cart and click "Checkout" when finished ordering.
- You will be directed back to the 49er Mart site to create your requisition.
- Review the details of your order, and click "Proceed to Checkout."
- Select the appropriate accounting codes for your college/department.
- Perform a final review and click "Place Order".
|Policies||Procedures||Forms / Links||Training and Reference Materials|
State of NC Purchase and Contract Division, Administrative Code
University Policy 601.8, Appropriate Use of University Funds
|49er Mart Login
|49er Mart Training in Moodle
49er Mart Frequently Asked Questions
Contact for additional questions: