University Policy 317, Mobile Communication Device (MCD) Allowances, establishes when the University will provide payment for employee use of MCDs when required to support business activities of the University, along with related administrative requirements. It is drafted with the intention of complying with Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and other applicable statutes, regulations, and guidance. This policy was updated on April 1, 2015.
Please see the following guidance:
- Communication summarizing changes from previous policy
- UP 317, MCD Allowances
- MCD Supplemental Procedures
- MCD Allowance Request Form - you may use the current paper form until May 31, 2017
- MCD Allowance Request eForm and documentation - available for use now
- MCD Allowance FAQs
Please contact your department’s administrative office or the following departments for questions about MCD allowances:
- Program questions: Greg Verret, Assistant Controller-Compliance, 7-5782.
- Processing questions: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org