Payment can be made by cash, check, online from your checking or savings account (eCheck), or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover). All payments must be in U.S. currency. Remittance should be made payable to “UNC Charlotte” and identified with the student name and ID number. Checks made payable to the university and the student must be endorsed by both parties before university can deposit the check. Checks made payable to the student only must be endorsed by student and then made payable to university. RECEIPTS WILL NOT BE MAILED. The university reserves the right to refuse payments that substantially exceed the balance on the student's account.
UNC Charlotte students that present a paper or electronic check for payment that is subsequently returned without credit for any reason are subject to a $25.00 returned check fee assessed to the student’s account. This includes payments returned for “NON TRANSACTION” accounts. We recommend that you contact your Financial Institution prior to using certain savings accounts for ACH electronic (eCheck) payments to ensure that the account can be used for ACH electronic (eCheck) payments.
Payment options are as follows:
- Online - Pay online through my.uncc.edu. Instructions for paying online.
- Payment Plan - Sign up for a installment payment plan and pay tuition, fees, housing & dining costs on a monthly schedule instead of one payment per term. Payment Plan option information
- By mail - Mail payment to UNC Charlotte, Cashiers office Reese Building, 9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223-0001. Please allow 5-6 days for mail delivery. All payments should include the student name and ID number to ensure correct and timely processing.
- In person - Pay at the Cashiers office, by cash, check or credit card. The student account will be credited immediately when paying in person. Be sure to bring your 49er ID Card. You may use the payment drop-box, located outside of the Cashier’s Office, during non-business hours.
- Wire Transfers - See Wire Payment instructions
Students may grant others Parent/Guardian access, to make payment towards their student account balance. Students must establish Parent/Guardian as Authorized Users before an authorized user can access the students account.
Non-Active Students - Payments for students without My UNC Charlotte access may be made through the University Marketplace at: Non-Active Student Account Payments. Please note this site is only for use if you do not have a current My UNC Charlotte logon. If you use this site, it will not automatically post to your student account.
Tuition and fees are due and payable prior to the beginning of each semester. Failure to pay all billed charges may cause a student's schedule to be cancelled. Students with outstanding balances will not be allowed to register for a future semester and may be subject to penalty and Interest charges. View Payment Due Dates