Payment can be made by cash, check, online from your checking or savings account (eCheck), or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express). All payments must be in U.S. currency. Remittance should be made payable to “UNC Charlotte” and identified with the student name and ID number. RECEIPTS WILL NOT BE MAILED.
UNC Charlotte students that present a paper or electronic check for payment that is subsequently returned without credit for any reason are subject to a $25.00 returned check fee assessed to the student’s account. This includes payments returned for “NON TRANSACTION” accounts. We recommend that you contact your Financial Institution prior to using certain savings accounts for ACH electronic (eCheck) payments to ensure that the account can be used for ACH electronic (eCheck) payments.
Payment options are as follows:
- Online - Pay online through my.uncc.edu. Instructions for pay online.
- Payment Plan - Sign up for a installment payment plan and pay tuition, fees, housing & dining costs on a monthly schedule instead of one payment per term. Payment Plan option information
- By mail - Mail payment to UNC Charlotte, Cashier’s Office Reese Building, 9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223-001. Please allow 5-6 days for mail delivery. All payments should include the student name and ID number to ensure correct and timely processing.
- In person - Pay at the Cashier’s Office, by cash, check or credit card. The student account will be credited immediately when paying in person. Be sure to bring your 49er ID Card. You may use the payment drop-box, located outside of the Cashier’s Office, during non-business hours.
- Wire Transfers - See Wire Payment instructions
Family and Friends:
Family and Friends - Authorized Users can make payments online by logging in to their account. Students must establish family and friends as authorized users before an authorized user can access the students account. Information on Authorized Users
Non-Active Students - Payments for students without My UNC Charlotte access may be made through the University Marketplace at: Non-Active Student Account Payments. Please note this site is only for use if you do not have a current MY UNC Charlotte logon. If you use this site, it will not automatically post to your student account.