University of North Carolina at Charlotte has partnered with Flywire to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make a payment from your home country. Founded by a former international student, Flywire’s mission is to save money for international students and their families that would otherwise be lost on bank fees and unfavorable foreign exchange rates. In addition, the posting of the payment into your UNC Charlotte account will be faster, you will be able to track where your payment is in the transfer process via a student dashboard and you will be notified via email when it is deposited into our account.
HOW TO MAKE A PAYMENT
1. Go to uncc.flywire.com. Enter your payment amount and country of origin.
2. Select your preferred payment method from the options provided. Options may include bank transfer, debit/credit card in your home currency, electronic payment, or other local options.
3. Create your account or log into your existing Flywire account, then enter some basic information to initiate your payment booking.
4. Follow the instructions provided to send funds to Flywire. Depending on your bank, payment may be made online, in person, or over the phone. For debit/credit payments, enter your card details online to complete the payment in your home currency. Note: Additional local options may be available depending on the country you are paying from.
5. Track your payment by logging into your Flywire account at any time. Receive text and email status updates each step of the way, including confirmation when your payment has been delivered to your institution.
For further information regarding Flywire please contact the help desk at 1-800-346-9252.
Domestic (US) Students:
Pay online with my.uncc.edu using a checking or savings account. All payments must be in U.S. currency. We recommend that you contact your Financial Institution prior to using certain savings accounts for ACH electronic (eCheck) payments to ensure that the account can be used for ACH electronic (eCheck) payments.