- Refunds for overpayment or other credits are processed weekly no earlier than seven (7) calendar days before the first day of classes for a semester.
- Financial Aid refund checks, made payable to the student, are issued five (5) calendar days before the first day of classes for a semester and are processed automatically as the aid is applied to a student's account.
- See Receiving Your Refund to find out when refunds will be issued.
Collect your Refund
- In order to collect refunds, students must sign up online for Direct Deposit of refunds via My UNC Charlotte portal.
- For students who do not sign up for direct deposit, a check will be mailed to the Permanent/Student Refund Address listed with the Office of the Registrar.
- You can change or add a Student Refund (SR) address type, online through my.uncc.edu > Personal Information menu > Update Address(es) and Phone(s), and then select “Student Refund” for the “Type of Address”. You should then be able to enter your new address and submit.
Tuition Reductions for Withdrawal
- A student who withdraws from the University (withdrawals from all courses) may be entitled to a reduction of tuition and fees.
- The amount of the reduction, if any, will be determined by the date on which the student withdraws from the University.
- In extenuating circumstances, students may request a reduction of tuition, fees, and other charges.
- See Tuition Reductions for Withdrawal for more information about the effects of withdarawing from the university.
Student Refund Replacement Request
- If you do not receive your refund check or if you subsequently lost or destroyed the check, you can request a replacement check by completing a Student Refund Replacement Request.