UNC Charlotte Student Accounts Office offers a program that will allow eligible students to receive early access to their financial aid refund in order to purchase textbooks and supplies from the on-campus Barnes & Noble bookstore.
These funds will be an advance of a student’s expected financial aid refund. This is not an additional financial aid award.
Click the image to open the Bookstore Advance Application
How It Works:
- The Student Accounts Office will notify you through your UNC Charlotte email account if you are eligible for a Bookstore Advance (i.e.—your anticipated financial aid must exceed your student account charges).
- To participate in the program, you must opt-in by completing the application form by the enrollment deadline of Monday, January 2, 2017 (see “How to Enroll” instructions below).
- Once your application is processed, you will receive an email notifying you of the exact Bookstore Advance amount that will be available to you. This amount will be available at the Barnes & Noble bookstore, and a preliminary charge for this amount will be placed on your student account.
- You may use these funds to purchase your books and supplies at the UNC Charlotte Barnes & Noble bookstore locted in the Student Union. When making a purchase, notify the bookstore cashier that you want to use your “Bookstore Advance” funds to purchase your books. You may use these funds to make purchases at the UNC Charlotte bookstore through Tuesday, January 17, 2017. After this date, your Bookstore Advance will expire.
- After January 17, any remaining funds in your Bookstore Advance account will be removed. The unspent portion of your Bookstore Advance and any remaining financial aid funds, in excess of any other charges on your student account, will be refunded to you by February 28, 2017.
- To participate in the program, you must opt-in by properly completing the online application form by the enrollment deadline.
- You must continue to be an active, degree-seeking student.
- You must be enrolled at least half-time in UNC Charlotte hours for the upcoming semester.
- You must have sufficient financial aid to cover your student account balance and have enough funds to cover the Bookstore Advance amount.
- The Student Accounts Office will make the final determination of a student’s eligibility for this program.You must meet all of the terms and conditions for your financial aid package.
- You are only allowed to use the Bookstore Advance for educational purchases made in-person at the UNC Charlotte Campus bookstore. Spend the advance wisely! Use the funds to only purchase the required books and supplies you need for your classes.
- Students are not permitted to purchase books for other students using the Bookstore Advance.
How to Enroll:
- If you are eligible to enroll in the program, you will receive an email notification. Click on the link provided below to open the Bookstore Advance Program application form.
- Complete and submit the form electronically by the enrollment deadline of January 2 , 2017.
- Once your application is processed, you will receive an email notifying you of the exact amount of Bookstore Advance that will be available to the bookstore.
The Bookstore Advance Program is part of The Student Accounts Office’s efforts to contribute to student success. This program is designed to assist those who might not otherwise be able to purchase educational materials at the beginning of the semester. Participation is completely voluntary. If you believe this opportunity will assist you in purchasing textbooks and supplies needed for this semester, please consider taking advantage of the offer. Questions? See our listing of Frequently Asked Questions, or contact The Student Accounts Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, 704‑687‑5506.