Bank of America recently improved their p-card reissue process related to third-party data compromises. Account holders potentially impacted by third-party data compromises will be able to safely continue using their current card while waiting for a replacement card to arrive on campus for distribution. When a compromised card is replaced, account holders will receive notification along with their new card explaining why the card was reissued and the date the current card will deactivate.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long do I have to activate the new card? The current card will deactivate 30 days after Bank of America replaces the card.
- Do I need to re-register for Global Card Access with the new card? No; cardholders can sign into their existing account to view their PIN and manage alerts online through Global Card Access. Registration and new card verification will require the cardholder’s verification ID and other account information.
- How do I access my verification ID? Log into Works and select the "my profile" icon from the top right corner of the page to view your verification ID.
- Will the PIN number change? No; the PIN will remain the same. As a courtesy, BOA will mail a PIN reminder to the account holder’s campus address.
- Does the new card require activation? Yes; the account holder will need to activate the card by calling 1-844-861-4373 once it’s received. Activation requires a verification ID.
- When will the replacement card be visible in Works? You will be able to view the replacement card on the dashboard prior to receiving it.
- What is a third-party data compromise? A compromise of cardholder data that is initiated by a third party, not the account holder or vendor. Fraudulent transactions may or may not occur due to these compromises.
- Can this process be used when fraudulent transactions occur? No; this process is only used for proactive replacement of third-party compromised cards. Any cards with fraudulent transactions must be closed immediately.
Please email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.