Federal & State Withholding Requirements for Employee

Thursday, December 11, 2014

All employees must complete the Federal Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (Form W-4) for federal tax withholding as well as the appropriate state withholding certificate (based on the state in which you live).  The Federal form (Form W-4) and the North Carolina Employee's Witholding Allowance Certificate (Form NC-4) can be found on the Financial Services Forms webpage. 

Employees should complete new tax withholding forms (Federal & state) in order to notify Payroll of any changes in tax status (i.e. address changes, changes in the number of exemptions, etc.). An employee's current withholding status can be found in Banner Self Service or on their pay stub.