Originally published 3/19/20; updated 3/27/20, 5/14/20, 6/22/20, 8/5/20, 4/01/21, 4/06/21
Financial Services is here for you!
As many faculty and staff continue to telecommute due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, please know that Financial Services, along with many other departments on campus, will continue to be here for you and to identify ways to keep business moving as smoothly as possible as most of our operations continue to function remotely.
We will continue to update this article as we identify changes needed to accommodate remote operations. Please continue to monitor Emergency Management's website and your email for the latest information.
Updated hours for Cashier's Office, purchasing card pick-up, physical check schedule and more
- Cashier’s Office: Effective April 5, the Cashier's window will be open Monday - Friday, from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. to collect student payments and departmental receipts. Departments should continue to follow the daily deposit act and ensure that departmental staff are routinely depositing checks to the Cashier's Office. Please make any departmental deposits during these hours and ensure any checks are secured in a lockbox and locked area on other days. If, for some reason, you anticipate collecting more than $4,000 in a day, please send an email to email@example.com in advance.
To protect our health and yours, a face covering is required and “stand here” stickers are located on the floor outside the cashier’s windows to ensure six feet of physical distance from other individuals whenever possible to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- Vendor payments: Disbursements staff will continue to process invoices received via mail. Payments to vendors via direct deposit will continue to be processed daily. Payments to vendors via check will be processed once per week.
- Purchasing card pick up: Will only be available during the same hours as the Cashier’s Office.
- Physical check printing and pick-up schedule: Any physical check pick up will be on Fridays only, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Physical checks will only print once per week, on Thursdays, until further notice, barring special circumstances.
Please contact Financial Services staff to determine the status of other physical operations. Note that mail distribution will continue, but since many staff will be working remotely, processes/actions dependent on mail may be delayed.
Receiving & Stores material pick-up
If you or someone from your work area retrieves materials from Receiving & Stores, you still need to complete the receiving function in 49er Mart. Receiving & Stores personnel cannot complete this process for you. We are grateful to our suppliers who continue to work during this difficult time and we need to ensure they are compensated.
Shipping to off-campus addresses
With approval from the Purchasing Office, off-campus addresses can be added to 49er Mart by the System Administrator, Denice Ferguson, with the understanding that all items are university property and need to be returned to campus once operations return to normal.
Here are some additional resources related to Financial Services that may be helpful for you as you work remotely:
- COVID-19 Expense and Revenue Accounts
- Travel FAQs
- How do I digitally sign and submit disbursement forms?
Disbursements will also accept email authorizations in lieu of signing for the time being for the Travel Forms Package, e.g., Travel Authorization (TA) and Travel Reimbursement Expense Report (TRER), Mileage & Transportation Form (MTR), and Employee & Student Direct Pay Request (ESDPR).
- How do I login to Perceptive Content using Citrix?
- Guidance on Supplies and Equipment Expenses While Teleworking
- How do I request Administrative Leave COVID-19 in Kronos WFR? -- Updates ongoing
- How do I request Administrative Leave COVID-19 in WTE? -- -- Applicable thru May 31, 2020
Each area of Financial Services will be monitoring their respective unit’s inbox. The following emails are the best way to reach us and areas that manage financial systems:
|Controller's Office -- general controller's office firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Disbursements -- Accounts Payable and Travel|
|IT Service Desk (e.g., Banner/49er Mart)||email@example.com|
|Reporting & Fixed Assets||
FinancialReporting@uncc.edu -- Account code and/or general financial reporting inquiries
FixedAssets@uncc.edu-- Fixed asset forms and/or general fixed asset inquiries
VendorRelations@uncc.edu -- vendor setup status and/or vendor firstname.lastname@example.org -- direct deposit questions and/or assistance