As part of the Cashier’s Office continued efforts to streamline processes for our credit card merchants, you may now submit American Express Payment Book Receipts (PBRs) at the same time as your Visa/MC/Discover PBR.
Effective February 1, please follow the guidelines below for submitting both your Visa/MC/Discover PBR and American Express PBRs:
- First, log into ClientLine and download your HL0605 report for the previous day’s transactions as normal.
- Balance back to your TouchNet Batch Settlement report or another third-party report.
- Complete your PBR for Visa, MasterCard, and Discover using your ClientLine report date.
- Submit the PBR with the appropriate ClientLine report and the TouchNet Payment Gateway for online transactions.
- Next, if there are any American Express transactions showing on your ClientLine HL0605 report, complete a separate PBR for these Amex transactions also using the ClientLine report date.
- Submit the Amex PBR and attach the appropriate ClientLine report. The AmEx/OMS report is not necessary.
Please note that nothing is changing with the way American Express posts its transactions. It will still take two days for the funds to show up in American Express. With this in mind, the Cashier’s Office will hold the American Express (Amex) PBRs until the next day when the funds are reflected in American Express to ensure that we have received the correct amount of funds before posting them to Banner. Should there be a discrepancy, the previously-submitted Amex PBR will be denied at that time, and you will need to resubmit a corrected Amex PBR.
- Two 30 minute information sessions will be held on January 25 in Reese 211 from 2-2:30 and 2:30-3. Changes to the deposit process will be discussed.
- The next full deposit process training session will be held February 1 from 3:30-4 in Reese 211.
If you would like to attend an information session or the deposit training, please RSVP to the e-Cashier, Randall Powell, at RandallPowell@uncc.edu by January 15th.