Originally published 1/15/2020; updated 1/21/2020, 2/4/20, 2/6/20, 2/12/20, 2/21/20, 3/02/20
The Web Time Entry (WTE) transition from monthly to biweekly is complete! Effective March 1 users can begin using the WTE clock-in/out feature.
Financial Services and Human Resources have worked together to transition the student and temporary employee payroll to biweekly instead of monthly. Student and temporary workers who use WTE will begin to be paid every two weeks beginning in March.
Why the change?
- Less waiting. Increasing the frequency of pay better enables our student and temporary employees to meet their financial obligations.
- You asked. We listened. This meets a longstanding request to better serve our student and temporary workers.
- Student success. Contributes to student success efforts by making the option to work on campus more viable. Potential benefits of working for the University include gaining experience in students' field of study, convenience to other academic responsibilities,and networking with other University students, faculty, and staff.
Transition and pay frequency
|PAY PERIOD BEGINS||PAY PERIOD ENDS||TIMESHEETS DUE||PAY DATE|
|Last MONTHLY pay period||Feb. 1||Feb. 29||March 4||March 13|
|First BIWEEKLY pay period||March 1||March 14||March 18||March 27|
After that, students and temporary employees will be paid every two weeks (i.e., April 10, April 24, May 8 and so on), two Fridays after the end of each pay period.
Process impact on you
- Increase frequency to submit/approve timesheets. WTE employees and supervisors submit/approve timesheets every two weeks
- WTE timesheet approval deadlines will coincide with existing Kronos timesheet approval deadlines
- In the unfortunate event that a timesheet is not submitted by the deadline, late timesheets will be handled the same way they are currently, by submitting information manually through departmental business officers
- More accurate timekeeping. WTE clock-in/out functionality will be activated (rather than the current WTE setup that defaults to entering time manually)
- Employees will still be able to enter time manually if necessary (as they do now) as long as a comment is added
- Employees will still log in to WTE the same way they do today
- Employees can access WTE via a mobile device
- Punches in/out are automatically rounded to the closest 15-minute interval
- Guidance will be updated/created to help departments navigate this new functionality
Related works in progress/resources updated
- New Electronic Personnel Action Form (EPAF) error reporting for HR
- Improved communications for EPAF & WTE submission & approval deadlines (type and frequency)
- Updated! WTE user and approver guides
- New! Video tutorial
- Updated! FAQs
Important! Processes that are NOT changing
- EPAF submission/approval processes
- WTE setup processes
- EPAF Process Deadlines and Requirements for Hiring and Paying Temporary Employees
- Employees should NOT be scheduled to start work until their EPAF is fully processed.
- EPAFs must be submitted at least 7 business days prior to the end of the pay period to ensure payment on the pay cycle.
Please look for further communications about these changes through March 1. The support we have received related to these initiatives so far has been wonderful. Thank you to the focus group and so many others for being a part of this positive change!