Two updates are now reflected in the Travel Manual. Specifically:
- Effective July 1, 2019, the Office of State Budget and Management (OSBM) has increased subsistence payment rates for state employees’ in-state and out-of-state travel.
- Please start using the updated travel forms package beginning with July 1 travel.
- If you completed a Travel Authorization (TA) on an older version of the travel package, you will need to download and complete the Travel Reimbursement and Expense Report (TRER) tab in the new version of the travel forms package for all travel that occurs beginning with July 1 if you would like the traveler to be reimbursed using the new subsistence rates.
The state subsistence rates are now as follows:
In-state Out-of-State/Country Breakfast $8.60 $8.60 Lunch $11.30 $11.30 Dinner $19.50 $22.20 Lodging (actual, up to) $75.10 $88.70 Total $114.50 $130.80
- Effective immediately, the following travel-related expenses are allowed with discretionary funds only:
- Seat preferences for flights (e.g., preferred seating).
- First class/business class airfare on domestic flights, if prior approval is obtained.
Important note: As a reminder, when traveling on behalf of UNC Charlotte, travelers must continue to demonstrate good stewardship of University resources by exercising the same care in incurring expenses that a prudent person would exercise if traveling on personal business and expending personal funds.
- Sect. 5.1.2 of the State Budget Manual
- Travel Forms Package
- Travel Manual
- Mileage and Transportation Reimbursement (MTR)
- Purchasing Card Reference Guide (PCRG)
Should you have any questions or feedback after reviewing this information and the updated resources, please email the Travel Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.